Tuesday 13 September 2011

Handy trick......

I have recently been working on another new piece for my Origin stand. It's a bit of a secret until Origin is over (and then I will post pictures), but it involved drilling probably more than a thousand holes with a hand-held drill, as opposed to the much easier to use pillar drill! As you can imagine this required quite a lot of arm-power (the drill surface was quite thick) and to save on my thumb muscles/ chaffing I came up with a handy trick on my second day of drilling:


A couple of rounds of masking tape holding the "power" button down really did save me a lot of thumb-pain! It did make the drill go extremely hot but it saved me holding down the button myself for nine hours! Why didn't I think of this earlier?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment