Wednesday 22 June 2011

My two favourite walls in Brighton....

The two following images are from walls I walk past on almost a daily basis and I can't help but look at them as I totter past:


I think that this is the painted imprint of a man's body, squashed against the wall, with his cheek pressed into the bricks. I can't imagine under what circumstance this was done but I absolutely love it! I really like the positioning of his arms. I don't know why I love it so much, but I really do. Every time I see it's still there I'm thankful that I can keep enjoying it.


I'm not sure why this piece intrigues me either. Maybe once again it's the ephemeral nature, I know it will be painted over soon enough (it's on the way to Asda and these walls have a pretty high "turnover" when it comes to graffiti!). I think that perhaps I like how raw it is? I also really like the drips..

No comments:

Post a Comment